Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 03:14 AM

Default MultiTable or MoveUp?

As skill develops, is it better to try multi-tabling the same level or moving up a level in the lower limits?

I have tried adding a second table and found it distracting and felt it hurt my play. (I might try it again with a second monitor to see if that helps.)

Currently playing PP @ .5/1 level. PT shows that I am at about 1000 hands (newb I know) and 13.82 BB/100.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: MultiTable or MoveUp?

[ QUOTE ]
As skill develops, is it better to try multi-tabling the same level or moving up a level in the lower limits?

I have tried adding a second table and found it distracting and felt it hurt my play. (I might try it again with a second monitor to see if that helps.)

Currently playing PP @ .5/1 level. PT shows that I am at about 1000 hands (newb I know) and 13.82 BB/100.

Thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

you answered your own question. if multitabling is distracting get more comfortable with the game. and you really shouldnt post any stats at 1k hands, you know nearly nothing from 1k hands. dont move up until youre ready, id say just stick with your level for a few more hands.

rj
Old 07-24-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you answered your own question. if multitabling is distracting get more comfortable with the game. and you really shouldnt post any stats at 1k hands, you know nearly nothing from 1k hands. dont move up until youre ready, id say just stick with your level for a few more hands.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.. Are we talking like 10K hands at .5/1 in your mind. I was just pretty pleased to be able to go +EV at such a low hand count. I have been reading like mad (2+2 books and this forum).
Old 07-24-2005, 03:43 AM

I'd play more hands at .5 1 tabling before thinking about multi tabling or moving up. I would start multi tabling before moving up, though.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play some 1 tabled like the guy suggested, and at some point before you move up, slowly go up one table at a time until you get to the number you want to be able to play when you get farther up. I wouldn't worry about grinding out 10k hands there if you don't feel like you need to. Just make sure youve got a 300 or so BB bankroll for 1/2 and you should be ok.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:27 AM

Your current winrate at that level is not sustainable. Play more hands and make sure you have a big enough bankroll for the 1/2. Don't expect that winrate to continue with more hands played. Probably running well currently.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your current winrate at that level is not sustainable. Play more hands and make sure you have a big enough bankroll for the 1/2. Don't expect that winrate to continue with more hands played. Probably running well currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice guys.

I am trying two tables now.. Seems to be going okay so far.. Maybe just too tired last night..

I understand what you are saying about the winrate.. It feels good for now, but perhaps not statistically significant yet.

With my wins and some bonus whoring I should get the bankroll over $500-600 pretty soon.

Ah the little kids table... Now where's my cookies and milk ;-)