Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:01 PM

Default cold call / raise any flop

I've been playing some full ring to try to get out of a downswing at 6max, and I've been running into this line a lot from tag 2+2 types. Does anyone do this a lot against a tag raiser? What kind of success have you had with it? I'm finding it difficult to counter. I'm talking about 5/10 if that matters.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: cold call / raise any flop

It often means 77-99 sometimes TT.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 PM

Yeah I've seen those hands, but I also see a lot of tags taking shots at each other with all kinds of weird holdings. I thought there might have been a thread or article recently suggesting you try this against a tight raiser. It's very bizarre (for me, coming from 6max) seeing a 15/10 guy cold call another 15/10 guy. But I kind of like it because it almost always has me in a tough spot oop when it happens.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:39 PM

Interesting....cold calling TAG is trying to represent a slowplay (overpair, set) knowing that a turn raise / checkraise may get the other TAG to fold? That play wouldn't work against a LAG or a calling station. I could see the play be effective if cold caller was on a draw and missed. Maybe some specific hand examples would help.

ScottieK