Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 06:44 PM

Default OIC Hand - TGC 3/6. Comments please

This is the first time I've felt the need to re-live a hand but I'm interested in what people think of it.

Game is 8 handed. I'm in LP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Bets as follows:

UTG calls, 2 other callers, I raise, button cold calls, SB calls, BB raises, UTG caps. 1 MP player folds, all others call. 5 see the flop, pot is already $75.

Flop - 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, 1 folds, I call, 3 callers behind.

Turn - Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, 3 call, UTG raises, I re-raise, all call, UTG caps, all call. Pot is now $225.

River - 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (ugh oh!)

UTG bets, I call (fear the worst but pot is too big now), button raises, 2 fold, UTG calls, I call.

Thoughts on the outcome and the possible hands please. Will post result separately for those interested.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Re: OIC Hand - TGC 3/6. Comments please

looks fine. you're probably beaten on the river, but you can't be 95% sure, so calling is quite reasonable.

UTG probably has QJ, but he could theoretically have anything after he caps preflop. as for button, maybe 99 or J9? in this kind of game, it's pretty hard to put anyone on a hand.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:52 PM

Default Results of the above

UTG turned over 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Had been betting the flush draw and ended up with 2 pair.

Button had J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving him the straight. He played 2 capped rounds of betting on what was, ultimately an inside straight draw.

Whilst normally this might have set me off on Uber-Tilt I've been surprisingly calm so far. Perhaps I'm controlling myself better or perhaps I've seen too many hands like this during the OIC (which would explain why I'm yoyo-ing between the levels).
Old 11-16-2003, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop - 3 J 8

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, 1 folds, I call, 3 callers behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally I cap it here. You probably wouldn't have lost the JT but you may get somebody to lay that down for 3 bets.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:35 PM

The reason for not capping here was that I'd read UTG as AA, KK or JJ after his limp reraise pre-flop and subsequent raise (was actually considering laying down after his raise which I probably would have done on the turn had the 3rd queen not hit).