Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 10:09 AM

Default ZeroRake Or Rakefree

I've been reading some posts recently about a rake free site [no, I haven't read them all, who has the time?] But I was under the impression that Dutch Boyd had something to do with it, and why that is such a bad thing, I don't know. I don't know anything about the guy. But after checking up on it, he apparently does have something to do with RakeFree.com, but I don't think he has anything to do with ZeroRake.com. If I'm wrong, correct me. I have to admit I wouldn't mind trying out one of them if enough players were joining up. I never used to think too much about the rake until I read a piece once about two players playing heads up at a 3-6 table. They both sat down with a hundred dollars, and after about twenty minutes, they were about even--only now they both just had seventy-five a piece instead of a hundred. The rest had gone to the rake. That really opened my eyes. Imagine what we all loose in a weeks time.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:38 PM

Default Re: ZeroRake Or Rakefree

You should get poker tracker, you can see exactly how much you pay to the rake.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ZeroRake Or Rakefree

That's it - You two got me too deposit!!

Now if you got 100 more trolls you may get 50 more depositers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good Luck with Rake Free all joking aside... Your message board taunting isn't going to help though. I'm just taking a wild guess though.

Is the same thing going on at all other poker message forums out there and RGP Still ?
Old 07-08-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Add more trolls

[ QUOTE ]
I've been reading some posts recently about a rake free site

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But after checking up on it, he apparently does have something to do with RakeFree.com, but I don't think he has anything to do with ZeroRake.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can safely add :

Miss Nancy
Baywatch7

To the list of Zerorake trolls. Deceptive marketing = SHADY company.

Orange
Old 07-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Add more trolls

Why are there so many idiots on the internet forum?
Old 07-08-2004, 02:15 PM

I think you need to lay off the pot because you are becoming way to paranoid.

It looks like Miss Nancy registered 8 months ago on this forum and posted three times.

Do you really think that this company planed a massive spam attack on this forum 8 months ago and posting three messages since was the best plan they could come up with? If someone was planning this for 8 months wouldnt that a good enough amount of time to make these "imposters" somewhat reputable?

Maybe a better explanation is a lot of people casually read these boards and don't post much. Maybe many are new players that never realized how much rake they pay. Maybe some realize that if they slight losers or break even they could be up thousands without the rake.

There are a lot of posts promoting zerorake, but for each one, there are people critizing it too. Maybe thats enough to get some lurkers to chime in.

Do you honestly believe that a company with an advertising budget with paid banners on this site and cardplayer.com are going to stoop to this level. Low class affiliates bottom feeding for one or two sign-ups might pull a stunt like this, but I find it hard to believe that a sincere company would.

Heres a company that could potentially save you thousands of dollars, and since you "suspect" something, you are helping to promote them as "SHADY". Nice job, keep up the great work Sherlock.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:16 PM

Despite what all of you may have heard, RakeFree = ZeroRake
I met with Jake Kalpakian, with Dutch Boyd recently.

The reason Dutch used these two sites was to avoid paying back the pokerspot players.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that this company planed a massive spam attack on this forum 8 months ago and posting three messages since was the best plan they could come up with? If someone was planning this for 8 months wouldnt that a good enough amount of time to make these "imposters" somewhat reputable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that they would register about a year ago. My calculations put the best time at July 5, 2003. Somewhere between 3:00 and 3:05 am, but I can't narrow it down anymore. About 500 post should make them reputable

<font color="white"> Just messing around trying to be funny </font>

Old 07-08-2004, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a company that could potentially save you thousands of dollars, and since you "suspect" something, you are helping to promote them as "SHADY". Nice job, keep up the great work Sherlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big poker sites and their affiliates must be really worried that people will soon understand about how rake takes most of the players buyin over time. I guess that's why they are encouraging all these negative posts about not paying rakes to a site.

So why don't we make these people happy and just admit that paying rake is what playing poker is all about? Why don't we just passively give all our money to the online poker sites through rake over the long run and never mention anything about sites not charging rakes? I mean, obviously on this forum board, there shall not be any discussion of any sites that could save players hundreds of millions in fees. That would be a stupid topic of discussion afterall. Totally has no place on a poker forum board.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:19 PM

Trolls on both sides of the fence.