Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 02:09 AM

Default No Limit Poker Theory

I know that TOP was mainly written towards the limit game but, as the author put can be used in NL/PL poker. My question is are there any projects in the works to go into detail of NL poker theory? I believe I saw a post or two saying that Sklansky and Miller have a NL book coming out to bookstores in the near future. I don't know about most posters here but, I believe you get more out of material that examine why good players make the moves they do and why this is the correct play rather the "Play AK this way" books.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: No Limit Poker Theory

Theory of Poker is ubiquitous. It applies to all poker games Limit and No Limit. This is because it teaches that you profit every time your opponents make a mistake. Thus the key to poker becomes giving your opponents ample opportunity to make mistakes. There is no need to amend TOP for NL games. The only change in a TOP for NL that I can see is that they could add a section based on the fact that sometimes by making a small "mistake" preflop you can cause your opponent to make a larger mistake postflop. This is basically an explanation of implied odds, and it is the only thing that could really be elaborated on for NL.