Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 07:00 PM

Default proper play of TP med kickers?

pretty sure this is ok... guess let me know if this is too passive...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 02-09-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: proper play of TP med kickers?

any comments?... am i supposed to raise this at all?
Old 02-09-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any comments?... am i supposed to raise this at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a tough hand. Without reads, you're just guessing whether Villain has you outkicked or flopped two pair (or raised to clear A outs with something like A9 or A5). You're out of position, too, so I'm not real enamored of a flop 3-bet (to say the least). It's a small pot, so easy to release. On the other hand, I think there's a decent chance you're ahead, and if you're planning at sitting at the table for some time, I'd probably play it like you and call down to see what Villain is playing and how he played it.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Being OOP in a small pot, I would check to see how the action developed behind. If UTG+1 bets out and the other two fold, Ill check raise. If he gets a caller Ill call as well, and then C/C to the river UI. This might be too LAGish, Im not sure.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being OOP in a small pot, I would check to see how the action developed behind. If UTG+1 bets out and the other two fold, Ill check raise. If he gets a caller Ill call as well, and then C/C to the river UI. This might be too LAGish, Im not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thats what i was debating... i coulda checked on the flop... but w/ a bet behind... i would have just check/called to the river.. and seems a bit passive for top pair (even w/ a shitty kicker)... but i'm not sure if the situation warranted a more agressive play either... so... yea i guess i'm still not sure
Old 02-09-2005, 05:11 PM

I think checking the flop is the best play honestly. As Catt mentioned, it is worth calling down to just to get a read on a villain to see what sort of hands he might play like this.