Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Computer Question: Party Crashing: Not Found in Ad/Remove Programs

Is anyone else having problems with Party Poker crashing, or is it just me. the last four or five times I've had four games going the whole thing just froze up. I had to go to ctrl/alt/delete to get rid of Party and then boot it back up. I've sent them an e-mail about this, but I doubt it will do any good.

I deleted my cookies and temp/internet files. I went to add/remove programs to try reinstalling, and it isn't even there! Wow, now that is really strange. I guess I could delete it by going into c:\\program files\party poker, but I thought I would ask here first if this is an endemic situation.

I have been having problems in the past with their tournaments. It would freeze up when changing tables, or if I went into the lobby to check on stats. The whole system just kind of stops while the software is thinking about something. In the meantime you can't do anything, and if the action is on you; well you just have to hope it unfreezes in time to take your turn.

I ran spybot and adaware and I did a virus scan, and came out clean.

I have no idea what the problem is. Why doesn't Party show up in add/remove programs?? If it's on my end what can I do to fix it? If it is on Party's end then let's bomb them with complaints until they get something done.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Computer Question: Party Crashing: Not Found in Ad/Remove Programs

Try reinstalling.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM

What he said!

Actually, you my want to reinstall it, use the uninstall, then reinstall it again. If you reinstall only, you may still have something on there that may make it crash, but when you intall, you should get the uninstall part, then unintsall completely, so the new install will be complete. Often if you install over what is there, not everything will install if it already sees it there.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:27 PM

I've been experiencing something similar.

If I play 4 tables with Poker Tracker and Playerview for awhile. Change 1 table every 5-15 minutes, i get the dreaded pop up to:

Party Poker application error. Please re-start.

If I stay then cards/graphics/tables get all messed up with a hand or two.

If I play with only 1 or 2 tables, no ptracker, no playerview it runs fine.

This is the only solution I have for now.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]