Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Default 7 Stud/8 – Dead door

7 Stud/8 - $0.25/$0.50 - $0.05 Ante, $0.10 bring-in.

3rd Street (1.6 SB) – 8 players.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 2: X X J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 3: X X 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 4: X X J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 5: X X 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 6: X X 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 7: X X K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 8: X X Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Seat 6 brings-in, Seat 7 folds, Seat 8 calls, Hero calls, every one else folds.

I was pretty happy with this hand until I saw that two of my Jacks were dead. Maybe I should have completed, but I thought I’d see how it looked on 4th.

4th Street (2.8 SB) – 3 players.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 6: X X 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 8: X X Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Seat 8---bets---calls
Hero-----raises
Seat6----folds

Seat 6 looked like he was going low, so I raised to push him out and go HU with what I thought was another high.

5th Street (3.4 BB) – 2 players.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 8: X X Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Seat 8 bets, Hero calls.

Hmm, Seat 8 bets into me after I raised 4th.

6th Street (5.4 BB) – 2 players.

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 8: X X Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Seat 8 bets, Hero calls.

I think I should have raised here.

7th Street (7.4 BB) – 2 players.

Hero catches 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Seat 8 bets, Hero calls.

Any comments appreciated.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: 7 Stud/8 – Dead door

Raise third anyway. You want to thin the field as much as possible. I'm inclined to raise fifth and/or sixth as well. That said, when he bets into you on fifth street, he may be saying that the Ten hit him. If that's the case, then you're behind on fifth and in deep doo-doo on sixth. He probably thinks you have Jacks, though, so I think a raise on one or more streets is in order.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: 7 Stud/8 – Dead door

[ QUOTE ]
Raise third anyway. You want to thin the field as much as possible. I'm inclined to raise fifth and/or sixth as well. That said, when he bets into you on fifth street, he may be saying that the Ten hit him. If that's the case, then you're behind on fifth and in deep doo-doo on sixth. He probably thinks you have Jacks, though, so I think a raise on one or more streets is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Andy, I appreciate the input.

With the Jacks out I figured I should raise on 3rd, but didn’t.

With his door bigger than mine I figured him for Queens and really think I should have at least raised on 6th.

I posted this mostly for 3rd street advice/confirmation, but also thought the rest was too passive.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Results in white

<font color="white">Hero mucked [Ac Ad Js 6c 5h 6s 4h]
Seat 8 showed [Qs Qh Qd 8d Ts Th 2s] - HI: a full house, Queens full of Tens </font>