Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Three hands from 1/2

That I think I misplayed.

HAND:
Villain is 31/3 AF 1,1, seems solid.
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

HAND2:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Raise here or not??

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

OK, I decided they were on a draw [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

HAND3:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.30 BB
Old 10-20-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Three hands from 1/2

i dont like multihandposts

hand 1 is ok
hand 2 i fold flop
hand 3 i play the same
Old 10-20-2005, 12:38 PM

Hand 1 I fold the river. What are you beating, J8?

Hand 2 I wouldn't lead the turn because you're representing trips, which will get raised by the real trips or cause a K to go into a shell. It won't ever fold out a better hand. If you're going to continue I don't mind peeling and reevaluating on the turn. If he leads and is called again, I fold. If he checks but button bets, I get lost and most likely call.

Hand 3 is just fine.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:41 PM

hand 1 seems ok....you can see someone raising the naked 6 here.

hand 2 - I hate the way you played this...you should have raised or folded preflop. If you raise you can likely drive out the BB and UTG and get their dead money in the pot and maybe get it heads up against the other raiser...you have a better shot of winning against overcards here that way. As played, fold the flop.

Hand 3 - I probably call the turn bet, and raise the river because you might have counterfeited his raggedy two pair.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise you can likely drive out the BB and UTG and get their dead money in the pot and maybe get it heads up against the other raiser

[/ QUOTE ]
No way UTG is ever folding here, and likely BB isn't going anywhere either. Its 1/2. I don't like playing 88 OOP against 3 loose/passives.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 - I probably call the turn bet, and raise the river because you might have counterfeited his raggedy two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
What rag two-pair? Exactly 57? I think a raise is a bit much.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 PM

hand 2 fold the flop,these pocket pairs suck so much,you have only 2 outs thast could stil lend up losing,
i drop these easy
Old 10-20-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No way UTG is ever folding here, and likely BB isn't going anywhere either. Its 1/2. I don't like playing 88 OOP against 3 loose/passives.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they will when faced with calling two cold against a raise and a reraise...he doesn't say that UTG is terrible. Either way, my point is that you should be raising or folding here....calling is terrible IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

What rag two-pair? Exactly 57? I think a raise is a bit much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising that river is infinitely superior to raising the turn. Option b is to call the turn, call the river.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sure they will when faced with calling two cold against a raise and a reraise...he doesn't say that UTG is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
UTG calls this a ton of the time by definition alone. He doesn't have to be anything worse than unknown to make me think he's calling. In any case, button certainly isn't going anywhere, agreed? If I knew I could get everyone but the raiser and the button to fold, I like a raise a ton more. Given the high likelihood of UTG also coming along, I like it much less.

[ QUOTE ]
Raising that river is infinitely superior to raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure they will when faced with calling two cold against a raise and a reraise...he doesn't say that UTG is terrible. Either way, my point is that you should be raising or folding here....calling is terrible IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they won't. I think calling is fine because our hand is good enough to see a flop and will sometimes be able to play the flop aggressively UI.

3-betting and bloating the pot OOP against super loose players is generally a bad idea unless your hand is really strong.

Building huge pots preflop and then having to fold them is a poor strategy.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:42 PM

Hey rock,

Hand 1, no way im 3betting this flop, i call and c/r the turn if it doesnt complete a str8.

Fold the river.

Hand2: Im folding the flop, overcalling here cant be correct imo. You are prob behind and even if u arent there arent many cards you want to see. 3betting pf sucks here @ 1/2 fwiw.

Hand3: I just call down after the turn donk now that its HU.