Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Default are 5 man turbo tourneys fees overpriced on poker room?

I know a good player could be profitable in these but it seems to me that a 10+1 entry fee is not worth it for a tourney that pays out 35 for first and 15 for second. I wish there were more alternatives to clearing the bonus on eurobet but the 10 person sngs take too long (and i don't see them offered period anymore)

Anyone else play these 5 man tourneys or are they not worth it?
Old 11-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: are 5 man turbo tourneys on pokeroom profitable?

i agree, it would be way cooler if they paid out more to the prize pool than they took in in entrance fees. that would make these games way way more profitable indeed. i'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that since in your first sentence you say that you know that a good player could make money at them, and that since your question is "are they profitable" that the answer is "yes."
Old 11-25-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: are 5 man turbo tourneys on pokeroom profitable?

My issue is the 1 dollar entrance fee. HU sngs on pokerstars have tourney fees that are half of the cost of 10 man sngs. With five people should this fee be reduced to make it as profitable for avg $ earned per tourney or is a 1 dollar fee the "fair" price to pay for this type of tournament when it is compared to 10 or 20 man sngs.