Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Default 15 30 hand

We have bit history with villain from this hand: I have bluffed him several times, and last time he called a $630 pot bet on river with 87 when the board KJ846, but he has as well given action to my winning bet pot hands. I have never showed a bluff to him, I once gave bit too much action with 2nd pair when he pot bet whole way to river and hit 6 outter there.
Generally speaking we both think that other is good and capable of doing big bluffs and calls.
The pot bets have not been exactly pot bets but somewhere from range of about 80% to 110%, so no read on that neither way.

Villain has $3300 and I cover.

I open raise from UTG(6 handed) to $120 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] villains calls from button and other folds.

Flop:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet $240 and and villain miniraises, I call.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] check-check

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check again and villain now bets $1050 what is heros action and how was rest of the hand?
Old 09-25-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: 15 30 hand

Didin't think it was that booring hand. Thought there could have been idea of reraising the flop to something like $1200 and push on turn.
But my plan was to check-raise allin turn oops... as well it was confusing villain checked it behind.

I think folding on river would be horrible, but even there could maybe be some idea of raising allin - and hoping villain has AQ,AJ,AT and would give some more action.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:52 AM

What hand range do you have him on? What does his min-raise on flop mean to you? Are you worried at all that he got there on the river with 9T? How about a set of 7's or 8's? If you think he would make this move with a smaller ace then I suppose a push is OK, but imo, there are too many hands that beat you here. Min-raise on flop, checked behind on turn, potted on river, hmmmm.

15/30 is admittedly out of my league [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 04:55 AM

I call river, hope he shows you AQ, AJ.