Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Playing a draw aggressively

BB is an unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

I intend to call a 3-bet.

Preflop, flop, and river are all debatable, I think.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Playing a draw aggressively

PF I like. I would want to make sure that UTG comes along for the ride on the flop, and MP2 is scared to call a turn bet, the rest is fine. I think that this is all coin- flip EV- wise.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM

easy river 4-bet
Old 11-09-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy river 4-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he would 3-bet this river so much more often than 50% of the time with a non-flush hand?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy river 4-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are probably underestimating the likelihood that villain would four-bet the flop with just a better flush draw.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy river 4-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he would 3-bet this river so much more often than 50% of the time with a non-flush hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like calling a 3 bet on the river. 4 betting seems like spewing against an unknown. Villan could easily have been pumping his higher flush draw (or maybe a pair and a higher flush draw).
Old 11-09-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So much more? I doubt he's going to fold to a 4-bet so anything over 50% is +EV. And you played the flop pretty aggressively for a flush draw, so he could easily think you're bluffing at the flush and 3-bet with 55 or 22. Also, since your bets trapped callers and his tried to eliminate them, I'd have more confidence in interpreting his flop aggression as a made hand.

Scott
Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So much more? I doubt he's going to fold to a 4-bet so anything over 50% is +EV. And you played the flop pretty aggressively for a flush draw, so he could easily think you're bluffing at the flush and 3-bet with 55 or 22. Also, since your bets trapped callers and his tried to eliminate them, I'd have more confidence in interpreting his flop aggression as a made hand.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "so much" more because Bakku used the word "easy" w/r/t the 4-bet. If it was just over 50% then it wouldn't be an easy 4-bet, it would be a close 4-bet.

As far as hand reading, I agree with you that his action means made hand and not a draw. But I might play K5s much like this if I were BB.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM

The only thing I see that I would consider debatable is the flop, which I like. Without the gutshot I just call (I still bet out).

I just stoved it and even if BB has a set of 5s yr equity is still 33% on the flop, so if the other two clowns call you are still doing well. (I gave the others a random hand and TPTK.)
Old 11-09-2005, 09:57 PM

I like it a lot.