Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Scary board with KK. Bet the river?

Villian is weak/tight.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero....
Old 01-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Scary board with KK. Bet the river?

I think this is easy value bet
Old 01-20-2005, 01:07 AM

I think this is an easy check through, unless someone can think of something besides a non-nut flush that Mr. Weak/Tight would play this way. Or if you think he's so weak that he'd fold a small flush for one river bet.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:20 AM

Turn play okay?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:37 AM

Yeah. This would normally be a pretty clear check. I would put him on the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], hence the flop bet and non-nut flush check on the river. Flush could be even lower if you think he'd just bet the flop on that board to try and get you out.

The only other thing I think villain could have would be KJo or AJo - choosing to bet the flop in case you check, but saving the raises for the turn. But I would expect villain to C/R the turn in that case once he saw you were going to hang around. In this case you'd be thinking villain didn't make a flush and got scared by the fourth heart, so a value bet would make sense in that case.

I'd say the balance is more likely that you are facing a flush than KJo or AJo, and in many cases the latter hands will fold to a bet, so you don't really want a call. I'd check.