Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Default talking to yourself in a B&M

I hope this post is understandable
I got rivered on a hand in a B&M (a flush draw)
ok no big deal but I was alittle mad
After the flop came out on the next hand I was talking to myself out loud and said
"flush draw" shanking my head looking at the guy. The dealer said I should not do that.
Is this wrong to do?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: talking to yourself in a B&M

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this post is understandable
I got rivered on a hand in a B&M (a flush draw)
ok no big deal but I was alittle mad
After the flop came out on the next hand I was talking to myself out loud and said
"flush draw" shanking my head looking at the guy. The dealer said I should not do that.
Is this wrong to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

the dealer must have thought you were talking about the current hand. otherwise it makes no sense, you did nothing wrong.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no big deal but I was alittle mad

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it? The solution is to make it be the former and just not get mad when you don't win.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Even though you were talking about the previous hand, your comment may have influenced the play of the current hand, alerting otherwise unaware players they should check for a flush draw. It's definitely best not to discuss any hand during the play of another for this reason.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:36 PM

You are right, I should not get a little mad on a hand that was no big deal. I did. I should have said

this should not have been a big deal but I was alittle mad.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:41 PM

i can understand that
in a hand when I had the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
the flop
8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the turn
j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] someone said who has the 9
I did not like that
Old 08-22-2005, 03:44 PM

Was this limit or no limit?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though you were talking about the previous hand, your comment may have influenced the play of the current hand, alerting otherwise unaware players they should check for a flush draw. It's definitely best not to discuss any hand during the play of another for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker isn't prison, we're there to have fun. people like talking about the last hand, not letting them is crazy.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poker isn't prison, we're there to have fun. people like talking about the last hand, not letting them is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to agree, but I think the dealer and other players probably didn't pay enough attention to realize the OP was still thinking about the last hand as opposed to the current hand. If it turned out the current hand also contained a flush draw, it may make someone who is on that flush draw upset with him.

I once saw a different but somewhat similar situation in which someone made a backdoor flush and the other player clearly did not see it and got into a raising war with top set. One of the observers mused aloud about both players having hit the flush and the set immediately stopped, looked at the board and just called. Needless to say, the flush holding player was rather upset and rightfully so. I realize the OP didn't do anything out of line like this, but the dealer may well have thought he was headed down that path and tried to preempt it.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:10 PM

1-2 NL