Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:40 PM

Default 99 2/4 raggety flop

can I be throwing this away to the three bet against a rock?
(10 VPIP)

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-22-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: 99 2/4 raggety flop

With a solid read as him as a rock I would, but i would have to be very confident in my read (a large number of hands with tight/passive stats will also do).
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With a solid read as him as a rock I would, but i would have to be very confident in my read (a large number of hands with tight/passive stats will also do).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with above. You really have to look at this guy's stats. Reasonable 2-2.5 TAF PFR of 5% or so, VPIP 11-14% its very possible. The only thing you might consider is if he has played his opponent in the past. I do it vs known TAGs to throw them off a tie hand like AK vs AK is I suspect it. If he is capable of that and realizes you're a TAG also then no. But in most cases players won't think that deep. My experience rocks are pretty much "I only play the best hands and make people pay". This guy would have to have TAF about 3.5 for me to consider calling. I have seem some really tight players push the limits with AKs, no pair, backdoor draw.

Also notice how long he takes to reraise you. Usually when you get check raised and you have a fat pair you still go back to the flop and take a second to analyze what possible hands the opponent is raising you with, draw, pair, set. Then you decide from there your play. A bluffer or player who has a pattern of insta reraising with AK will auto reraise. Even if he has a set of 7s he will still stop and think about the hand and how to extract the most from you. This kind of psychological analysis of my opponents has assisted my game a good deal in making the right call or fold.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can I be throwing this away to the three bet against a rock?
(10 VPIP)

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO - this is too little information to base a decision upon.