Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 AM

Default New wiki content

I figure I should toot SheridanCat's horn since he might not toot it himself.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He's added a lot of good content in the last couple of days:

LHE river play

Cold calling

Isolation

Scared money

Calling station

(Incidentally, you can always see the most recent changes here: http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Special:Recentchanges )

As always, your feedback, edits, and additions to this or any other content are heartily welcomed! This is growing iinto a nice resource on LHE and other topics.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: New wiki content

I may alread know the answer to this question by the time you respond...but what is your involvment with this website? I'm going to browse around on it to see what it has, but I was just curious.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:04 AM

It's a fair question. A month or two ago, I discovered wikis and was impressed by their potential to manage information in a way that promotes community involvement. I searched the web for any poker-oriented wiki and didn't find one. A few others, mostly from the B&M forum, agreed this would be a worthwhile pursuit. I found that Wikicities is a site that sets up free wikis for interest-based communities, and after due diligence there I applied for a site.

Nominally I'm the "founder" of this particular wiki just because i put in the orignal app, but i hope it moves beyond being perceived as belonging to me or any other individual or set of individuals. I don't have any financial stake, although I believe Wikia (the Wikicities host) gets revenue from Google ads. I'm just motivated to work on it because I see its potential to help organize "entry level" info of use to those posting on this forum. In other words, I'd rather post the link to the an article 20 times than try to recreate the same info (plus links, etc.) 20 times.

The topic of the wiki's relationship to 2+2's site is worth thinking about. I have no desire to take traffic from here, and in fact I hope the wiki would be perceived as having a symbiotic relationship -- for example, someone might surf in from RGP or Wikicities or wherever, see a 2+2 thread on a topic, and end up over here. If 2+2 or the majority of posters here have a problem with me posting announcements about new wiki content or links there, I'll gladly stop, but I think we'd all lose out. But so far the announcements seem to be either well-received or indifferently received.

Sorry for the long answer to a short question! Maybe i should archive this and put it on a wiki FAQ or something....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM

One follow-up to AKQ10J's reply. I think of the wiki as a sort of Super FAQ. It's a great place to put lots of concepts that we hash and rehash here. The FAQ I put together is there, but so is a ton of other stuff.

What I really love about the wiki (and I am a late convert) is that it's a community project. If you don't like what I wrote, you can blow it away and put up your own content. Or, you can just edit a bit to make it, hopefully, better.

That really appeals to me and that's why I post content there.

Regards,

T