Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Advice on cashing out / bankroll management

I'm fairly new to poker. Especially on-line poker. The hard work and studying is finally starting to pay off. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on when to cash out. Specifically, do you set a dollar amount and cash out when you reach it or are there other guidelines you use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Advice on cashing out / bankroll management

Get an account with netteller, attatch it to your checking account, PM me your login Info and password and I will gladly take care of everything for you...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:48 PM

Sounds like great advice. I appreciate it.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 PM

But really, netteller.com

All the rest depends on you, what limits you want to play, and how much of the money you are spending vs. keeping in your bankroll. Its important to play safely and within you limits.

hope this helped,

Catch-
Old 03-31-2004, 12:06 AM

attach it to an ALTERNATE checking account - not the family one. Have a seperate account.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:17 AM

This is one of the odd things about internet poker - when do you stop building your bankroll and start enjoying the fruits of your labor?

I started with just a $100 deposit. My only cash out was to get my original buy-in back in my pocket (partly just to prove to myself it was possible) and since then I've just been building my bankroll so I can move up and play bigger stakes. I have one primary site (where the bulk of my on-line BR is) and I have taken some money from this account to open accounts on other sites, so although it is constantly growing, I haven't been able to get it large enough to where I'm ready to start putting some of the cash in my pocket.

I've finally decided that my goal is to grow the BR to be big enough to play the 5/10 games (getting close) and then just maintain the BR and start a cash flow situation. (I know the 5/10 is a pretty small game to a lot of people here, but it's far bigger than I've ever played and the profits from this game will be substantial enough to feel like I'm really getting something for my time.) If I find that I'm making money so fast that I can build my BR and take some profit, then I might consider moving my goal to the 10/20 level.

We all have our own goals, but this is the plan I've locked into and am really looking forward to putting some of the cash into my pocket.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:02 PM

I usually cash out when I've finished clearing a bonus. Then it's on to the next reload and cash out when that bonus is clear. I would say that 90% of the time I am playing with a bonus backing me and cash out once that is clear.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:08 PM

i cash out when i have to pay bills or when i feel like buying something. for instance... tuition for school, cashout for $5,000 please! feel like playing on a new drumset, $3,500 please!

Old 04-01-2004, 12:12 PM

It is actually neteller.com, extra t brings you to the wrong site.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:18 PM

Here's what I did.

I didn't cashout until I built my bankroll where I wanted it which was 600BigBets or $1200 since I was playing $1/$2.

At that point at the end of the month I have cashed out exactly half of my net winnings. Keeping half to build the bankroll. At the point where I had earned $3600 I had cashed out $1200 and had $2400 in the bankroll and moved to 2/4. This is very conservative but you could easily do that with 200 or 300 bigbets. I decided it was better to stay at 1/2 maybe a little longer than necessary than to move to 2/4 too quickly. I still play 1/2 when I am at a new-site or bonus-whoring.