Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Question about sharing a computer safely.

I am headed home to visit my folks for the first time in a while and want to avoid bringing my behemoth of a laptop. The problem is my brother has used their PC in the past to play his Party account while visiting. It is an XP machine, so I don't think I can just delete and reinstall, can I?

Can I just play my Empire account and leave the copy he installed of Party poker alone, or does any installed skin have some way of searching your computer for all skins and all records of who have ever played on it? With all the recent posts about accounts being frozen for one reason or another, I just want to make sure I avoid any problems with Party or Empire.

If anyone knows about this stuff, advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Question about sharing a computer safely.

[ QUOTE ]
I am headed home to visit my folks for the first time in a while

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is your first problem.

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone knows about this stuff, advice would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go visit your parents more often!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:12 PM

that's a whole 'nother thread. ;-)
Old 05-22-2005, 05:54 PM

you aren't doing anything against the rules. if they do freeze any accounts, it shouldn't be a problem to unlock it. i share a computer with someone for playing poker. they called once, and since i explained it, i haven't had any other trouble. again, its not against the rules to share a computer (as long as you play at different times).
Old 05-22-2005, 10:07 PM

Bumping this in case anyone knows the definitive answer.

If I never open or log in to Party poker, but just play on a clean install of Empire will it avoid any problems?

Or, is there a way to clean an XP based machine? My archive searching seemed to find a lot of talk about XP being a problem.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:39 PM

You can just download the Empire software, log in and play even if your brother has a Party account. This is assuming of course you already have an Empire account, which you stated you did.

The problems occur when you try to create a new account on a 2nd party skin. If you wanted to open an Empire account on your parents computer when it already has PArty installed, you are out of luck.

As far as them knowing who has "used" a computer to play from they know all activity from that ip adress. I have an account, as does my fiance at all the Party skins.

In the past friends have come over and played poker with their accounts on my computer.

I called PAy Pro or whatever it is called (the company that handles all finanial transactions for the PArty skins) for some reason or another a whiile ago, and they proceeded to ask me If I knew who Chris, Domenic,Joel and Janice were. They mentioned them by name because they have all played from my computer in the past.

Upon realizing this any extra accounts I was going to create for Bonus purposes were forever put on hold.