Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Pocket 4\'s against a scary board

Villian has been playing passively. I have been crushing this table, playing aggressively and showing down FH, TPTK, TTP, and a lot of premium starting hands, my objective was to fold MP2, good move or no?

Cryptologic 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

River: (9.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 09-02-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Pocket 4\'s against a scary board

Why did you bet the flop?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:22 PM

On a Monday morning a bet on this flop has a pretty good chance to win you the pot, IF the pot is rather small. I don't know if its the case here. Against 4 opponents, its definitely a -EV move IMO.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a Monday morning

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 PM

On this flop I try to check and see how the action develops. The thing about the flop bet is so many hands can call you on a Q88 two-toned flop (T9, two diamonds, JT, any queen, AK, etc.) and you can very easily get counterfeited here, which is why if the pot stays multiway on the flop I advise you to fold. If it somehow gets to be you and the PFR heads-up on the flop I would often continue but proceed carefully.

On the river I think you get called by ace high or better here everytime so I think I check/fold but I'm not completely positive (the pot is sizeable, so I'd probably need to know more about what he's raising with).
Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Eh, I'm just check-folding this flop. The only time I'd continue if it was bet by the preflop raiser and folded around to me.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:47 PM

hmmm, is it "In"? If that's the problem thanks for correcting me. My english sucks.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a Monday morning a bet on this flop has a pretty good chance to win you the pot, IF the pot is rather small. Against 4 opponents, its definitely a -EV move IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, tough against four opponents, but possible.

The existance of a preflop raiser makes this yet more difficult to pull off not only because the pot is bigger, but because he might have a big pair and if he does, he's probably going to call down.

I would have passed this one by. If the flop got checked through which often happens on these flops, a bet on the turn might be warrented and thats often more successful in general also.