Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 08:50 PM

Default To the multitablers

I have in steps added a table when comfertable at a level.
I have recently tried to add a fourth table, but feel it shifts to fast for me.( could mean I shouldnt add anymore) I am no pc whiz, is there someway to configure the maschine so that one can do it faster ie not with the mouse and can one also make the table freeze? Sometimes when I am dealt a good hand on more then 2 tables the overlapping comes to fast to get the moves done
Old 07-29-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: To the multitablers

don't try to four table unless you can do it w/no overlap would be my suggestion. other than that, a ton of ram will make everything smoother
Old 07-29-2005, 09:26 PM

Ok. How do u go about not having them overlapping,I have set the screen on its highest resolution. What is the trick?
It is a digital flat-screen(1024x768). I cant get the tables any smaller and with four they overlap some and it changes constantly when I am buzy at more then two tables trying to reach bet/fold,call buttons. Cant even imagine how stressed I would get trying more tables then, even with two screens
Old 07-29-2005, 09:36 PM

monitors that do 1600x1200 is the trick.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:01 PM

I would suggest trying TweakUI. It allows you to simply hover your cursor over an application and bring it to the forefront as if you clicked on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Works great for my 10 tablin ass.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 PM

I used to do 4 tables on 1024x768 resolution on a 17" LCD and yes, you do get quite a bit of overlap. I just tend to choose 4 seats at different corners of the tables so that I can at least see my hole cards for all 4 tables at all times, it makes the decision process easier. If you are just starting, you can choose to auto fold many of your hands and concentrate on your good hands.

Now, i'm still on the 17" LCD but i've upped my resolution to 1152x864. It's a little better and now I can sit at a couple of seats different seats in the corners and still see my hole cards. Still overlaps, but 1600x1200 on a 17" will just kill your eyes.

Basically, all the button clicking you will have to get used to. If you play enough hands and be in enough situations, you will eventually be able to make many decisions (good ones) in an instant. Then you will truly be comfortable 4 tabling.