Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Vegas poker rooms

I'll be in Vegas in a few days. Where would be a good place for me to play poker Small Stakes(beginner)at for the first time in person? I want to get my feet wet so to speak. Living in Va I don't have easy access to a card room. What about Mirage or Excalibur? One site I saw said Excalibur has 1-2 novice tables. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance
Old 09-10-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Vegas poker rooms

IM GOING TO VEGAS this weekend TOO, BELLAGIO BABY

The excalibur game is 1-3 and 2-6 I think. A very easy game. Variable bets. That game is all about pocket pairs and suited connectors. Implied odds hands. You can always limp in for 1, but players will pay off a 3 raise on all streets.

They have 100 NL there too. Last time I played there it was a lot of fun. Mainly because of the comp drinks. Comp drinks! yey.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:55 PM

This link should answer your questions about vegas poker rooms http://www.pokerupdate.com/lasvegas.htm

cubs
Old 09-10-2004, 10:42 PM

The Excalibur room is great fun and a good place to get your feet wet. If you want a bigger game, the Mirage is nice, and not so full of WPT wannabes as the Bellagio.

Not that playing with WPT wannabes is -EV, but unless you're going to Vegas often, I'd look for a relaxed, fun time rather than 150 tools wearing sunglasses.

Martin
Old 09-10-2004, 11:28 PM

http://www.pokerupdate.com/lasvegas.htm

excal has MANY 1-3 spread limit games, full of magoos. Be sure you can adjust to spread limit structure tho. luxor sometimes has 1-2 and always has 2-4. Be sure to check the promotions at luxor if you play there and be sure to start an index card the minute you start playing. If you are there on a wednesday, be SURE to hit the discussion group at binion's at 2pm in the downstairs coffee shop. Come hungry, the food is good and fairly cheep.

al
Old 09-11-2004, 02:19 PM

I liked the Shoe NL game when I was in town a couple of weeks ago. All of the other suggestions are good too.