Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Ten Ten Under The Gun

been at the table for one orbit and this is the first hand i've played. fwiw, i thought i was utg and didn't realize there was a poster.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG (poster) calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>
Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Ten Ten Under The Gun

I see very little value in betting this river.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:26 AM

Ok, I don't play limit so this may be a total mess. Why bet the turn when you have position? If he has a weak A you could be saving yourself a bet here and if he checks again on the river you can bet for value against a smaller pp. I wouldn't automatically assume he's on a draw. He could disbelieve the A you're representing or be calling w a weak A. If you check the turn you should do so knowing that you will call(he could bluff at your weakness) or bet the river if checked to. If he really has a hand checking behind him removes his chance to cr you and you get to keep him honest on the river.

I guess if you're willing to fold to a cr on the turn you would loose the same amount by doing what I suggest. The trade off seems to be, bet the turn to make him pay for a draw vs check behind to give him a chance to bluff and keep him honest on the river(and be more likely to get a call from an underpair. I'm not sure what the best is but I lean toward checking behind on the turn.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:26 AM

I don't think there was a poster. I'm not sure what causes this occasional glitch in the converter, but I believe "UTG" is the BB.

On the river, I would probably check behind. My reason for this is that I have no read, and if the BB has AJ he's played fine throughout the hand, and if he has 66 he should have folded the flop. A hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] shouldn't really pay off either.

I don't how Absolute 3/6 unknowns play, which I mention as a disclaimer. (It's possible I'm giving more credit than I should to an unknown.)
Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 AM

fwiw, as a disclaimer for absolute, i have been called down many many times with the nut no pair.