Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 01:32 PM

Default I felt sexy, but was it sexy enough?

Not too many hands at the table but it was looking like a good game. People were playing passive post flop and the aggression preflop was more than expected, but the last few orbits had been a little loose. Villain turns out to be the CO.

Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

A little surprised about the cap, but the pot was growing and I hoped the flop would bring good news.

Flop: (24 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

I have an overpair, the PF capper is checking and I decide to try and take control of the hand and folding to a CR? However, people are just overcalling like crazy and I'm feeling better about my hand.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

I don't know what the raise means. I think it could be a strong spade draw looking for overcalls on the flop, but it could be a 6 too. Maybe a free SD play crossed my mind, too.

River: (20.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Good place for this?

The more I thought about this hand, the less I liked it. I didn't have enough info on Villain to know wat his turn raise meant. Although, if it worked, the pot was big and it might just trap the guy in the middle with a desperation call?
I usually don't like the river c/r, but I did feel my hand was pretty well disguised here and figured a river suckout might as well get a river c/r.