Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2003, 03:35 AM

Default Happy Holidays and thanks to all (long)

I satarted playing seriously in August. I forgot about the $8 I had left on account at Paradise and with 98% luck and 2% knowledge I turned that into $165 in two days playing .5/1 omaha H/L. Then I got serious. I bought some books and started learning to play low limit hold'em on PokerStars and UB. I have gone through the ups and downs (one week I lost 25% of my bankroll and it took the nest month to get it back).

I was just checking my records. in the last two months I have played 13000 hands of hold'em and made over $450 this month alone I have made $250. Next year I hope to take it to the next level. My goal is to put $3000 in my roth totally from poker winnings while increasing my bankroll and limits that I play to 1/2 and 2/4.

Without the support I get here I could not have done this. The knowledge and the stories of wins and losses have been of great value. Without them I know I would not be here today. All these figures also got my wife to support my play but not near as much as when I broke one of the big rules and pulled $200 out of my account to finish X-mas shopping, now she is not worries about me coming to bed late and even may ask why I am in bed so early on nights I decide I am not in the mood to play. Kind of a "Aren't you going to work tonight" thing going on LOL.

To all thanks. I only hope as time goes on I can give one tenth back.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Happy Holidays and thanks to all (long)

Great post and I echo your sentiment.

I started playing in April and spent the next 6 months dumping money into this site and that. I found 2+2 in May and started reading...and reading...and reading. As August and September rolled around I found that I was depositing less and the money was lasting longer. Then October came and I made but 1 deposit on a site and played the entire month. I did have to reload in November but since the November OIC, I have cashed out money on 3 sites for over 1K and still have a bankroll available. I'm not even yet but I am close and I haven't made a deposit since early November.

My wife too had the usual complaints until I cashed out some money on a site to help our son who was strapped at the time. The money was there and it was put to good use. Now she wants to know how things are going instead of when I am going to be done. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I owe most of this to the 2+2 forums and the fine people who post here and who have no regrets about giving something back to the game. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] THANK YOU