Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 PM

Default 3-suited flop +set

here's a hand that got me thinking
I've been on a hell of a cold streak at 1/2, bad enough to make me want to search harder for mistakes in my game. (also the reason this is a .5/1 hand)

how hard should I be pushing when the flop is 3-suited?
my read on the guy was that he was a typical loose passive party player.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">EP2 calls, 1 more LP caller</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I bet, was raised by EP2, everyone else folded and I made it 3, he then called.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet out the turn and he called
I am reassured

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I was pretty happy to see that T, I bet, he raises (?) then I called. should I reraise? his raise made me fear he had a better boat, should I reraise for value and then just throw something if he has the better boat?

looking back, it seems like I was throwing money into a somewhat small pot, when there was a good chance I was already beaten.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 3-suited flop +set

3bet flop is good
turn is good

river cap (!!!)

nh
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM

It looks good except reraise the river. He probably has a flush or trip tens. Assuming he has a better boat is seeing monsters under the bed.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:08 PM

I like the flop and turn, pretty standard plays.

On the river, looking back at the other action, I'm trying to put Villain on a hand. Considering no preflop raise, I discount JJ, but 55 is possible. There's also the J5 soooted if he's a bad player. Reads would help put him on a hand, but against an unknown, I can't really think of a whole lot of hands he could have that raise the flop, just call the 3-bet, then flat call your bet on the turn, then after that raise the river. It could be a super slowplayed flopped flush, where he figured if he capped the flop or raised the turn, you might slow down. Other than that I can only really see 55, JJ, or maybe J with a high [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Given the action, against an unknown I think I might just call his river raise, then check his cards and make a note for future hands.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the action, against an unknown I think I might just call his river raise, then check his cards and make a note for future hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you have to cap it. This is a lone T or flush 95% of the time.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:18 PM

in the real hand he had like 68d or something, so he flopped a low flush. it was one of those hands that I say to myself "yay I won!" then after a minute "I just got lucky and rivered that T..." making me want to look back in retrospect.
I guess I think I should raise that River, but my weak-tight origins came through for a second prompting the call...

Oh, and there are monsters under the bed. but that's another problem for another post.

thanks for the input
Old 08-04-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you have to cap it. This is a lone T or flush 95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thinking it through, I realize more that a flopped baby flush would play this way too, raising the flop because they have a flush, getting scared of naked Ad or Kd, then raising the river when the 4th diamond didn't hit. That changes the hand range quite a bit, and I agree with 3-betting him.

I don't see a naked T raising that flop, though, unless it is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T or K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T
Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless it is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T or K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:35 PM

sounds like villain got luicky and runner runner jt full boaoted you, but this is in no means chip spewing at ALL. you always play sets so that you can lose lots of money with them. its the only way.

nh until the river.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should I reraise for value and then just throw something if he has the better boat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, do that.

You mentioned the pot-size, and that really doesn't matter when you're HU on the river unless the decision is between folding and calling. If you're deciding between a call and a raise and you know he's not going to fold, you raise when YHIG more often than not, which it clearly is here.