Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 AM

Default A7s mutliway

Table is pretty loose, always at least 4 people per flop. I figured my call preflop considering my position was borderline.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Is this the correct application of pot equity? Should I have 3-bet or just called?

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
Old 08-15-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: A7s mutliway

You had the equity to pump the flop, but I would have check-raised instead. You had a good chance that button would bet, and you could have trapped the field for some bets, rather than take a chance that button would blow away the field. But the 3-bet was fine.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:47 AM

Looks pretty standard. You've got a large equity edge on the flop. Get money in the pot.

More importantly, oustanding table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 12:48 AM

checkraise the flop. Most preflop raisers auto-bet on the flop, and if he raised your bet (which he did) the BB and UTG had to call 2 bets. You're lucky one or more of them didn't fold, effectively hurting your pot odds.

Too bad you didn't hit your draw. Lots and lots of outs.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:48 AM

Standard IMO
Old 08-15-2005, 12:51 AM

Preflop calls are fine.

With the nut flush draw plus outs to 2 pair or better, your 3-bet on the flop was for value with 3 opponents staying in. I don't love betting out, tho, as the preflop raiser is to your immediate left and might raise, facing the field with 2 cold (which he did). However, you have the same problem going for a check-raise (if he were to 3-bet), and your table might be loose enough for it to work out.

When he doesn't cap the flop, I bet out the turn. Checking screams, "Club flush draw, here!"

When UTG comes to life on the river your fold was right since you couldn't be sure it be only one bet, and I doubt you're good one time in 20, here, much less one time in 15.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 AM

If Villan 3-bets, you're facing them with 2 either way. Maybe this way they just look at Villan's raise as a continuation.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 AM

This looks all right to me.

I think leading the turn is something to consider, if you feel there's a decent chance you have the best hand or even if you just think Button isn't waiting to pop you on the turn and everyone will call your bet.

However, the cold-calling does indicate that, if you're behind, you may not have as many outs as it appears. (Another flush draw could be eating up two of your clubs, for instance.) The cold-calling also increases the chances that you are behind, with just your second pair. But if you have the best hand and the best draw, having the turn check through would not be good.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking screams, "Club flush draw, here!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that bad?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Villan 3-bets, you're facing them with 2 either way. Maybe this way they just look at Villan's raise as a continuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

True the way it did go down, but if you check-raise, then you trap BB and UTG after they call the probable continuation. In other words, I'd like them to put in a single bet each before they're faced with putting in two -- then they're more committed, and we have a better chance of building that pot. By betting out and getting raised, BB and UTG face two cold without putting a bet into the pot yet.