Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Default ZeeJustin was right

At least, I think it was him who said this worked.

When I'm going to be pot committed in the BB late in a tourney, I've been typing "I'm pot committed, so have something."

I'm positive I've been getting a couple of more walks as a result. I've noticed that a couple players still don't care. I respect those players. They're like me, cause I wouldn't care if someone said that either. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin was right

Yeah, maybe this will stop idiots from raising my BB with 32o when I'm pot committed.

No....wait....probably not
Old 06-17-2005, 02:25 PM

Funny. I have a lot of different lines I run from time to time.

If I am on the BB, and call a desperate "steal" from someone, only to suck out on them when they table a legitimate hand, I type: "STAY OFF MY BLINDS PEOPLE. DO YOU GET IT YET? I WILL CALL YOU." Then when someone pushes after that, I assume they have a made hand, or have their chat off. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sometimes I will make a big deal about cold decked, and then after my first steal, I will say something like "Finally, some real cards."

I doubt it helps much, but it can't do much harm. Plus it gives me something to do while I wait for the donkeys to break each other.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, maybe this will stop idiots from raising my BB with 32o when I'm pot committed.

No....wait....probably not

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

I'm not sure how much it's helped, but I haven't been facing as many Q7 or K3 raises into my pot committed big blind. It's obviously not stopping A5 or 44, but if I can get one extra walk per night, what the hell.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I will make a big deal about cold decked, and then after my first steal, I will say something like "Finally, some real cards."

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I did this last night. We were heads up and I was running cold, and had lost 6 straight hands or so (blinds were only 150/300, so I wasn't crippled). I typed, "What a bunch of lousy cards." The next hand they went to 200/400 and I pushed with 75o.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:39 PM

Yes and he probably folded his 42o or something instead of folding A9s because he thinks you picked up something huge.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes and he probably folded his 42o or something instead of folding A9s because he thinks you picked up something huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying it before the cards are dealt. Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever. You looking for an argument or something?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahah. I do the same thing. "Chat" grenade.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying it before the cards are dealt. Or typing it and hitting enter when they are. But, whatever. You looking for an argument or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if I am, punk?

Seriously though, this probably isn't doing anything. I saw a guy the other night say "oh man i gotta go my wife needs me" and then he promptly raised to 250 in level 2, he then went all in on the flop with someone who had TPTK and he of course showed KK.

Weak when strong, strong when weak.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:19 PM

In a MTT the other day I was in 2nd place LATE in the tournament and they moved the chip leader to my lift. I have never cursed so loudly in my life. Either way, the first chance I got, I did a wussy steal from him, to see what he would do.

He folded then said "From now on I am putting you all in."

I said "I kinda hoped you would do it that time."

The next two orbits I stole from him no problem and then they moved him away, haha.

Oh yeah and one night I pretended like I was a drunk on the first hand because I got dealt AA.

I was typing all crazy and stuff and said "all ni frist hnda no mat3r waht!! i amb so drubnk."

It didn't work and I felt like an idiot.