Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 12:22 AM

Default KK against Ace flop

Looking for some feedback on how I played this hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Rookie is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Rookie raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Rookie caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (24.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Rookie calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, BB calls.

With so many players staying in after capping pre-flop, I was pretty sure I was up against an ace. Especially seeing that several players seemed to play Ax most of the night. In addition, BB 3-bet me preflop, which also seemed to indicate a possible ace or pocket pair?

Turn: (14.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Rookie calls, MP2 calls, BB folds.

River: (18.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Rookie calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

Results to follow...
Old 09-10-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: KK against Ace flop

Your goose is pretty much cooked here after the flop most of the time.

I don't mind calling the flop bet if you're planning on raising a bet from UTG or UTG+1 on the turn. If it all works out, you can fold MP2 and the BB and hopefully get a free showdown. If you get 3-bet you can pitch it.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: KK against Ace flop

With 5 players along I don't like your chances with unimproved KK and an A on the flop.

But pot is so big you can actually draw to some exotic outs (say, one of the 2 remaining Ks and runner runner straight). Also, pot is so huge, one could argue that you need to raise the flop (or if you think it would be more effective, the turn) and do everything you can to win it.