Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Default 20 percent payout.....me no like

This new Stars payout seems to be more of a marketing ploy than something to help players. Finishing on the bottom two rungs of the pay-ladder (not what im playing for, but often what i get) doesn't even pay a whole buy-in. I guess the TLB points would be nice if I was playing enough as I have already witnessed a few bigger players building up a stack in a minbuy tourney and then sitting out...folding into the "free" TLB points. While I have started to cash more often (who wouldn't?), It just isn't as sweet anymore....I guess I'll just have to make final tables from now on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

But im just a donk
Old 11-22-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: 20 percent payout.....me no like

I don't care. I am just playing for the final table.

The only experimental awards schedule tournament I played in, I won. Maybe it helps to have opponents who are interested in just cashing.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM

yah i dont think they movin in tat directin four every torney. just experimential for setain ones.
sometime in wpt event wit lots o satelite winers they pull that [censored]
Old 11-22-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care. I am just playing for the final table.

The only experimental awards schedule tournament I played in, I won. Maybe it helps to have opponents who are interested in just cashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that...but "ruling the bubble" also just became pointless as it often happens before antes kick in. Like I say many times, I am still a donk (though a slight winner now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) but this kind of bubble play doesn't seem to be as EV+. Where did you get aggro in your win betgo?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get aggro in your win betgo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Late. First place was 1800 and the 2nd table was 60, so I wasn't interested in the second table. Played aggressively preflop with strong hands for the situation. Gambled and played aggressively with 10-30 players left. Doubled up twice with 4 or 5 players left at the final table when my reraises allin were called, once with AQ vs. KK and the other with AK vs. AQ.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yah i dont think they movin in tat directin four every torney. just experimential for setain ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 02:39 PM

This is how they did the WPT Championship. The 30K for cashing was probably important to a lot of satellite winners. The big $350+ entry fee on Party was also done this way.

Usually they do it mostly at the expense of the nonfinal table payouts. You need to adjust your strategy to this structure. First of all, if it's not a $3 rebuy or something, there is some value to just cashing. Secondly, you want to play for the final table, and not worry much about moving up once you are in the money.