Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:05 PM

Default ...and today I have been mostly playing like....

a donk.

e.g.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 ($42.70)
MP2 ($126.33)
MP3 (Villain)/ ($40)
CO ($60.45)
Button ($49)
SB ($57.35)
Hero ($46.50)
UTG ($55.10)
UTG+1 ($16.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (Villain)/ calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP3 (Villain)/ calls $1.50, Button folds, SB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $15</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, Villain calls $23 (All-In).

I thought if he had a flush draw and theres no way he could call - if he does I'm 3/1 favourite - if he has Ax I'm ahead - he can't have K9 - he might have KJ which kills me even if he is ahead theres a good chance he'll fold....

comments criticism and general flamage to the usual address...
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: ...and today I have been mostly playing like....

I'd raise more PF, at least $2.

I don't see what you can beat here that'd raise you on that flop, unless you've seen the villain raise. With the amount you raised I wouldn't be surprised to see QT in the possible hand range. He can easily have a set as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but putting flush draws in the standard mix of raising hands is -ev at these limits, I usually just give credit and muck, especially to that board.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 PM

What about Q10, a set, KJ? K9 at these stakes folds never. This is ugly. Raise more preflop. Bet any flop. When he reraises you on the flop, you have to figure your beat. Fold. Reads on villain would help too.

Edit: and oh yeh, what do you mean you are ahead of Ax? Ax is most likely not reraising you here. I don't see the relevance of that statement.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 PM

Make it at least $3 pre-flop, fold to the flop raise. Nothing you beat plays this fast.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought if he had a flush draw and theres no way he could call - if he does I'm 3/1 favourite - if he has Ax I'm ahead - he can't have K9 - he might have KJ which kills me even if he is ahead theres a good chance he'll fold....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there isn't. KJ is getting all-in here.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJ is getting all-in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this NOW.

experience - something you don't receive until just after you need it...

yes I was this stupid

yes Villain flipped over KJo

yes I bricked the turn and river and lost my buy in

yes I have learned another useful lesson.

no I'm not telling you where I play or who I am .... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 AM

I had a little post-it a while back on my monitor: "AK is not Aces", maybe it'll help you