Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Find anything wrong with this overbet and donkey punch? (OOP)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Hero ($11.4)
UTG ($19)
Button ($16.3)
SB ($91.14)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, UTG calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $7.

River: ($16.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.75 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $3.75.

Final Pot: $23.70

Felt weak on the flop so I decided to overbet into the turn as button had been playing really loose and likely had an Ace in this spot. River is no-brainer but is this kind of overbet a weapon you can use consistently with success at this level? I'm trying to devise a better way of playing these kind of rag 2pr out of position hands, switching between hard/soft line and fast/slowplay (veering away from slowplay as of right now with OOP hands).
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Find anything wrong with this overbet and donkey punch? (OOP)

I'm not a short handed player, but that flop doesn't look too friendly. I'm sure you are ahead on the flop, but that can easily change. I'd fire away with a good sized bet on the flop. Honestly, I'd be looking to take that pot down on the flop, but if need be, I'd put in all my chips on that flop too.

With an ace and two clubs out there, he could be on a draw or have an ace with a kicker just waiting to make two pair on you.

Take that pot down on the flop, thats my advice. But hey, I'm not a short handed player, so take it for what its worth.