Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 06:22 AM

Default AQ

canterbury 30/60 9 handed
i have the worst seat in the house. the 3 players to my right are TAG's and the 3 to my left are fishies. I raise AQo UTG+1 after 1 fold, 2 fishies cold-call, maybe ablind comes along but it doesn't really matter. (the first CC'er i know not too much about. the second one ( the main villain in the hand) CC'ed me earlier with T3s. he is capable of turn bluffs and all kinds of madness.)

flop: KK3 with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, one fishy raises, the other CC's anyone else folds and I call.

turn 3 ways: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, fishy checks, other fishy bets, I raise, fishy folds, other fishy calls.

river: 3

I bet, fishy raises, I call. meh?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: AQ

How bad are 30/60 fishies? I'm guessing they are still decent? Also I may consider donking the turn as a raise means your likely beat. The C/R opens you to the 3 bet. But I would still probly play the turn how you did. I'm guessing the fish must have a 3 because he didn't 3bet the turn.But if he really is this unpredictable I call him down like you did. But I don't like it. Damn Fishies.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad are 30/60 fishies?

[/ QUOTE ]

CC'ed me earlier with T3s
Old 10-06-2005, 06:45 AM

coldcaller has got a K like 80% of the time, save your money and fold. By coldcalling fishies think they can extract more bets later on, but in fact they just gave away there hand.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
coldcaller has got a K like 80% of the time, save your money and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a K 80% of the time, he should call.

-Eric
Old 10-06-2005, 07:30 AM

Hi Bob,

I'm not fond of the turn raise. The flop action suggests that you may very well be drawing to 2 outs, and if you are ahead, your hand is not particularly vulnerable on this paired board. In fact, you want a 3 to call the turn for 1 bet. I'd call it down.

I'm guessing you ran into a hand like Kx that got nervous about his kicker on the turn, but got a kick of confidence when he rivered the full house.

-Eric
Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not fond of the turn raise. The flop action suggests that you may very well be drawing to 2 outs, and if you are ahead, your hand is not particularly vulnerable on this paired board. In fact, you want a 3 to call the turn for 1 bet. I'd call it down.

I'm guessing you ran into a hand like Kx that got nervous about his kicker on the turn, but got a kick of confidence when he rivered the full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't see any good argument in favor of raising the turn. If you're ahead he folds.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really can't see any good argument in favor of raising the turn. If you're ahead he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really is a fish, he'll call down with his 3. Turn raise is fine.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:48 PM

against the players you are describing, I would lead the turn here and call a raise.

if you describe the second player capable of pulling all kinds of madness, donk the turn and let him take another shot at ya.

on the river I would check/call since the fish would bet regardless of what he has and there is a good chance he'll bluff it again and also if your behind on the river it's only costing you 1 BB.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM

As everyone said, the turn raise has very little merit IMO unless he specifically has Ax. Once you have done that, i guess the river is fine, but dont raise this turn.