Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM

Default SSHE playing any 2 suited cards in the SB?

SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: SSHE playing any 2 suited cards in the SB?

If you don't feel you aren't playing them right, cut it down to connectors and one gappers, and probably Axs-Qxs.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:26 PM

Keep in mind your winrates with suited in the blind is probably never, ever, ever going to converge to a true winrate. That said, I generally call any suited, but if a hand has just some UTG limper with me holding 72s or something I wouldn't mind just chucking it.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody feel this is too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 PM

Well you are going to have to give more information than this. I might make a comment like...

"I lose .2 BB everytime I play 32s from the small blind, therefore I should start folding it."

The truth is that you shouldn't fold it if you lose .2 BB everytime you play it. You will lose .25 BB if you fold it everytime, so you are + .05 BB by playing it. So are you saying that you lose more then .25 BB for all suited connectors, or are you saying that you just lose money net? Everyone loses from the small blind, so if it is the later you have nothing to worry about.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 AM

I initially thought the same as well, but if the flop misses you completely, or all you get is a backdoor draw, it's an easy check/fold.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:59 PM

if it's a bad suited hand (like 84), and it's only 1 caller other than BB, I might dump it.

If it's folded around to me, I it's either raise/fold to steal the BB, depending on the type of player he is.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SSHE suggests playing any two suited cards in the small blind in both loose and tight games. Does anybody feel this is too loose? PT is showing that I am losing money doing this. It's very likely that I may be going to far with them as well. Should I alter the SB requirement? Maybe suited connectors only?

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill go against the grain.... i fold the vast majority of suited hands from SB.

only J+xs or at most 1 gapped suited connectors
Old 12-05-2005, 11:04 PM

Based on SSHE, I used to auto-complete any two suited in the small blind. Now I wait to see the action and:

[ QUOTE ]
if it's a bad suited hand (like 84), and it's only 1 caller other than BB, I might dump it.

If it's folded around to me, I it's either raise/fold to steal the BB, depending on the type of player he is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the blind structure? If it's 1/3 of a bet, you should tighten up. But for 1/2 bet, I would complete if there are two limpers. One limper makes me stop and think a little bit about the skill of the limper and blind.