Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Would appreciate your comments

Please share your thoughts...

3/6 hold'em cash game:

River card is dealt (board is KQ97J). 1st position checks. I'm in 5th position and flip my cards over (K8). Next thing I know, dealer is shoving the pot to the guy in 7th position, who shows one of his hole cards (K). I protest and ask why the pot (close to $100) is going to the guy in 7th position.

Apparently, the guy in 7th position bet out of turn, and when I flipped my cards over after the 1st position guy checked, everyone thought I folded and hence I lost the pot. I had been betting since the flop, and I thought I was heads up against the guy in 1st position. When the river card came and he checked, I also checked and so I flipped my cards.

I admit I was tired and lost track of what was going on. After flipping my cards over, I just looked at the guy in 1st position to see if he would turn over his cards. During this time, the dealer was pushing the chips to the guy sitting in 7th position.

Should I have been given a chance to call the guy siting in 7th position who bet out of turn?

Floorman sided with the guy in 7th position.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Would appreciate your comments

Umm, erwelcome to the boards, cuder.

Usuall, 3/5 gpposts goin ihn SS, no t micro. Anyway. What is the action bevor you allegedly fodled? Even if teh dealer is teh suxor, you may have misplaeyd ehet hand.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Usuall, 3/5 gpposts goin ihn SS, no t micro. Anyway. What is the action bevor you allegedly fodled? Even if teh dealer is teh suxor, you may have misplaeyd ehet hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Wookie,

Are you drunk? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ads.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um yeah what he said
Old 08-14-2005, 03:58 AM

no idea what happened... guess i shudda payed more attention, huh! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 04:04 AM

Post this in B&M Cardrooms, since they like to argue about incompetent dealer/floor ruilings (and tipping -- they love to argue about tipping).

From my (very limited!) experience:

-Cards speak. Even though your action was out of turn, if it was due to another player's error, and your cards went nowhere near the muck and are still easily identified, the hand should still play. (Now if your cards hit the muck or were somehow fouled, things change.)

-With that said, exposing your hand with more than one other player remaining may foul it, since you can not show hole cards with multiple players in the hand.

-Keep track of the game, damnit. If you are getting too tired to do that... you may want to stop playing. Also, your river action sounds really f'ed up: I can not figure out the order of actions at all.

-K
Old 08-14-2005, 05:52 AM

My advice is to not play poker tired. The fact that you even forgot he was still in the hand is pretty bad. I've promised myself at the first early warning signs of fatigue I'm on my last orbits and that's the end of it. Tired poker makes for stupid mistakes.

I was playing NL one day. I had AJ or something and the flop came QQJ. I bet a decent amount, guy behind me called. The turn was a blank. Again I bet, this time he min-raised, so I called. The river was a J. I was as happy as a fish splashing around in a pool of his own crap as I quickly shoved my chips into the middle thinking "Yeah, full house baby, gotcha!". He pauses for about 15 seconds, calls and flips over KQ for the better full house. I think the pause was that he was wondering what on earth I was doing.

He said 'ty', I closed the table and went straight to bed.

And that's my story (one of several before I realised I should just stop). Tired poker is bad poker.