Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Anyone in the Paradise $250K?

Nothing spectacular but was able to double through during the 1st hour, 1200 started...LONG way away from the cash.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Anyone in the Paradise $250K?

I was in.

For approximately 43.2 seconds.

-Scott
Old 09-24-2005, 08:14 PM

Limping into the money is only slightly less worse, but I sat'd in so I can't complain too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping into the money is only slightly less worse, but I sat'd in so I can't complain too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, so did I. Still I hate calling down with a loser, when I knew better.

-Scott
Old 09-25-2005, 09:38 AM

I know what you mean, I'm currently working on laying down KNOWN beat hands...getting sick of paying off with 2nd best.

And apparently we're the only 2 that played, people must really hate Paradise!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM

A lot of people played in the bigger MTT on Party at the same time.

I played in this, finishing 400th out of 1200. I won a seat in the Paradise one and I have troubble running Paradise and Party at the same time on my computer, plus I don't usually multitable these things.

I lost some chips at the beginning when my flopped set lost to a straight on the river. I limped UTG with TT. Villain had 98o in the BB for an openendeded on a QT7,r board. I bet each street, but not huge, getting multiple callers, and got beaten by a rivered 6.

I was down to 800 with 100/200 when I pushed from mid position with 65s and beat AQ. With 1500 and blinds 100/200/25, I pushed from CO with QTo and lost to A9o.

With Paradise's fast structure, you can quickly becaome short stacked. I kind of like that as I am a good short stack player. There are of course also a lot of advantages of a slow struvture for a decent player.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:57 AM

I also played in this last time and finished 8th. I think it is a pretty easy tournament, partly because it runs the same time as Party's $600 tournament and because most of the players get in through satellites.

In that previous tournament, I was short stacked and pushed with junk and beat KJo. After that I had a number of good hands payed off well.

There was an AA hand, where I raised two limpers and one called. Villain had KQ and I almost doubled up on a king high flop, putting me in first place with 200 players left. I was in the top five for most of the rest of the tournament.

With 2 or 3 tables left, most people had less than 10xBB due to the fast structure and most were playing weak/tight, so I stole like crazy.

I went to the final table in 3rd place with about 4xBB. There was a big stack with 12xBB, 5 stacks with 3-5xBB, and 3 short stacks with less than 2xBB.

I open pushed from mid position with A7s, got called by the big stack with 99 and the BB with 77. The 9s held up and I was placed 8th, having more chips than the BB. If an ace or diamond had hit on the river, I would have been in first place, so there was about $30K riding for me on that virtual card.

That's my delayed tournament report form last time. This tournament was less glorious.