Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 03:38 AM

Default When do I drop this hand QQ

What do I do in this situation, I have a Gunshot but not much else? Did I do the right thing?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-09-2004, 06:25 AM

Default Re: When do I drop this hand QQ

You're very unlikely to be ahead on the flop, so why bet out? Check and call if it's one bet back to you. Fold the turn UI.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:02 AM

I would play like you did!
Yes you are probably behind but everyone cald only one bet on the flop so their hands might not be great. When you bet at the flop then someone with a K might fold. It is a good place to bluff since you raiced preflop and you might still be ahead. And you might also hit your gut (not gun) shot at the turn if you are not ahead. But remember that you only have 2 clear outs here. A J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might give someone a flush.

At the turn with 2 players still fighting and every card at the table beating you then check-fold. It is time to move on!

Nice played!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:11 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Yes you are probably behind but everyone cald only one bet on the flop so their hands might not be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very weak reason to bet out in my opinion. How were you supposed to know what they were gonna do at the time you bet?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
When you bet at the flop then someone with a K might fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very likely you would fold a K by betting. He'll get 1 to 10 for his 1 to 8 draw. But you're gonna get raised by KT AT QJ, that's for sure.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:40 AM

The thing is not that you know what they will do. The thing is that if you bet then you know where you stand. Aggresion is the key to many things in poker.

Check call is a weak alternativ and it will cost you the same ( 1sb )!

If you check then a 10, J, K, A or Q might bet or someone who only bluff becaus noone has yet bet. That mean that you got no information and it still cost you 1 sb. And if noone bet the flop, what shall you do at the turn then? You do not know if someone checked with a K or a A with a weak kicker so shall you check the turn too and if a Q, 10 or any [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the turn then you might have been given a player a free card to the pot!

If you bet then a K might fold ( you raised pre so you are representing a A ) and even if the chance is only 10% then that is still more than 0% and you do not give any freecards. And if you get raised then you can fold and move on becaus you have not the odds to draw to your stright.

At the flop you can check/call, check/fold, bet/call, bet/fold, bet/raise. I think bet/fold is the best to do and check/call is the worse and the rest is somewhere between...

Have fun!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:50 AM

folding this turn is ridulous. do you see why?
Old 12-09-2004, 08:01 AM

I hate when peopel answer like that.. You never know if it is ironic or not! Think that you have done that before when I have read your posts..... NO I donīt! But I might be stupid since I do not know! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Edit: If you see the stright draw as clean outs then you have the outs to draw to stright and boat. But I only give the stright 2 outs becaus of the 2 flush possibillitys and the risk that you have to split so no I do not se why!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:20 AM

no, but I would guess it has something to do with a boat redraw.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:26 AM

Default explaination

ok folding is not "ridiculous" per say, but to say it's an easy fold is ridiculous and bad.

jeez guys, this is simple board reading and pot odds.

you're getting 8-1 closing the action with a likely 6 outer. the break even point is 6.7-1. you have a clear call here.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: explaination

You must be wrong here Cris!

2 outs to the boat and since there is two flush possibilitys then I remove 1 outs from the stright and another 0.5 becaus you might have to split. That give you 4.5 clean outs and then the odds is around 9:1 and you should fold.. Close but still a fold....