Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 09:05 PM

Default When to put them in?

Hello 2+2
I am quite new to NL (just recently converted from FL) and I quite often find myself in dilemmas regarding when to put my chips in. Too often i have called all-in raises with TPTK and lost to stuff like unlikely two-pair combinations or runnerflushes.
So my question is, if there are som "official" poker guidelines regarding this topic, like "never go all-in with less than two pair" or whatever. Or is it simply situation-dependent to say anything concrete?
If it helps, i play 50NL at Party Poker.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: When to put them in?

Go post in small stakes.

The best time to get all your chips in the pot is when you think you have the best hand, and will get a caller, or when you think you have the worst hand, and the other guy will fold.

Of course, this all depends on stack sizes, player reads... etc.

But again... go post in Small Stakes.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: When to put them in?

I think the small stakes forum up here is neato, but much of the advice is egregious.

Read Ciaffone's and Reuben's PL and NL Hold 'em book. Then read it again. Then sit it next to the potty....

You get my drift. Ciaffone is fundamentally very solid and will start you down the right path with the basics you need.

He's coming out with a new NL book this summer that will mirror his Middle Limit Hold 'em book. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.