Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 01:20 PM

Default No pf raising from Monster hands

hi guys, been lurking here awhile, just started playing online. I was doing well for a while, double my very modest BR of 25 bucks playing .25/.50 limit. But just lately Ive run into a problem. I keep running into people who refuse to bet preflop with the hands AA, KK, QQ. How do you guys deal with people who dont raise pf with monsters like these? It always throws me off and I will end up losing TP to someone who just calls my bets all the way to the river without ever raising. Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: No pf raising from Monster hands

That annoys me too, but it's just something you have to deal with. The people stupid enough not to raise AA are usually the same people stupid enough to call you down with bottom pair and no draws, so I'm not sure you can adjust your game against them; you should win $ off them if you just play your normal game.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:29 PM

I've seen this too recently. Generally it's a bad play so don't complain. It allows you to play some hands that you wouoldn't play preflop and give you a chance to suck out. Those times you hit yuor nad and don't win.....oh well.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:33 PM

you know you guys are absolutely right. thanks for saying what need to be said. i guess i was just a little anxious about these things. been having some bad hands played to me. AA made a set on the flop but was beat by 57 who called 3 bets cold pf. Always fun at small stakes. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:47 PM

I notice this alot at the .50/1 tables as well. I know. it drives me crazy too. These same people will also call with the nuts on the river as opposed to raise. I guess they'll save us all money in the long run. Encourage their play.