Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:39 PM

Default President/Admaril in St. Louis

Just got back from what they called their card room. Awful. 2 tables running 4/8 and a stud game. One $60 buy in tourney which re-starts every time the last one ended, doesn't matter if they fill another set of 10 won't pull another dealer in...and only $50 of the $60 goes to the pot...winner take all. Pretty depressing place.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: President/Admaril in St. Louis

you ain't seen nothing -

that poker room used to be on the 3rd floor overlooking the slots - it was 4 tables - and it was literally just in the corner of that part of the balcony on the front of the boat.

at least it has it's own room now, right?

RB
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Yeah...it has its own room...in the way the gimp from pulp fiction had its own room. Its in the basement of the boat...tables are all single file down one side...large open area which appears to just be abandoned space and the place where they do the employee laundry off to the other side.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:14 PM

If you wanted nice, then WTF were you doing at the President in the first place? The company that runs it is broke, and so far they haven't been able to find a buyer for the boat.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:19 PM

I work downtown and wanted to play hookey for a couple hours...I'd heard they spread a game there and thought it would be worth the shot since I can see the place from my office window. Thanks for asking though...I appreciate your pleasant words.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM

No problem. Since you can see the boat from your window, I assume you can also see East Side St. Louis also. Why not go across the river for some fun over there too? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 08:23 PM

I have a hard enough time explaining the smoke smell to my wife..smoke and stripper would be REALLY hard to explain.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:20 PM

played a month ago and the 4/8 was soft as hell, regardless of everyone's comments. it isnt a glamour spot but if you are downtown without a car and have a few hours to kill, I dont see anything wrong with it.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No problem. Since you can see the boat from your window, I assume you can also see East Side St. Louis also. Why not go across the river for some fun over there too? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill be there tommorown night...what do you think fellas, 2+2 night at Roxy's???? Next time just hop on the expressway and go to Ameristar. Or PM me if you are looking for some bigger games, Im thinking of hosting a few, not sure yet.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted nice, then WTF were you doing at the President in the first place? The company that runs it is broke, and so far they haven't been able to find a buyer for the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

The President is such a piece of floating garbage. I won't get on board to play for fear that I'll end up at the bottom of the Mississippi.