Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 PM

Default I am Bankuri, and I am weak-tight....Hi Bankuri

Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. I didn't like the way I played this hand, but I'm not sure if others would have the same reads as me.

The real villain here is MP2. He is pretty loose and has shown some aggression with marginal holdings (e.g. raised small flop with TPNK). Button is pretty passive, pretty average .5/1 looseness.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Ok, TPTK but MP2 has re-raised me preflop and on the flop. I start to think about slowing down.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

He's leading the turn knowing I've raised him twice already. I figure he's told me three times now he can beat Jacks and it's time to take the clue. How bad a fold was this, and if it isn't a fold, what's the plan for the river?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: I am Bankuri, and I am weak-tight....Hi Bankuri

Call down. A gay limp reraise from a guy who you can both describe as "loose" and "aggressive" does not warrant a fold here.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:05 PM

ARRGH!!! This must be tilt...I didn't even notice the limp-re-raise.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 PM

I think if you're going to fold here you should fold preflop. But I wouldn't fold preflop so I'd call down from the turn and given your description probably be shown QJ/KJ/AK/TT/99/AJ/etc often enough to make it worth it. Giving a loose aggressive player credit for an overpair is generally a bad idea.

Edit: I didn't see the fact that he limp/reraised either. Add JT/J9 to the list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 PM

But, this does lead me to a question. What does a limp re-raise represent? Is it ever proper for a skilled player to do this, or is it a somewhat strong hand played by a bad player?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Your thinking is ok in one sense, and he may well have you beat (AA/KK/QQ/JJ).

But if you assume this all the time, people may abuse it... and you might be wrong and fold huge pots(10BB huge [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Call and think again on the river.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, this does lead me to a question. What does a limp re-raise represent? Is it ever proper for a skilled player to do this, or is it a somewhat strong hand played by a bad player?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is rarely proper to make this play. Usually it means AA/KK or complete junk. You have to give slightly more respect to an early limp reraise than a late limp reraise because it is possible that the player did not raise initially because they wanted to get some action on their premium hand. However very often it means "I'm sick and tired of you raising me, so... take that!". It can also be a good multiway hand like JTs, but this is most often done in late position after one of the blinds raised and the pot is very multway.

I had someone lrr me twice last night in heads up pots (I isolated him a lot - he was 54/2). The first time it was JTo, the second was KK.

There's another player I played against 3 sessions in a row last month who would limp-reraise every time I raised, regardless of his holdings.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's another player I played against 3 sessions in a row last month who would limp-reraise every time I raised, regardless of his holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this "Small man syndrome". He wants to feel powerfull and bigger/better...

its great for the bankroll though.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:31 PM

Do you raise this flop? I don't mind call/call/call since only KQ has more than 3 outs against us. Let everyone call behind us if they want, they're getting the worst of it. And we avoid a 3-bet. Kind of a WA/WB with an audience.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise this flop? I don't mind call/call/call since only KQ has more than 3 outs against us. Let everyone call behind us if they want, they're getting the worst of it. And we avoid a 3-bet. Kind of a WA/WB with an audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why didn't i think of this?!?!?

BUt... Do we call/call/bet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img](Classic WA/WB no?)?

Or call/call/umm call?