Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Negreanu/Ivey/Lindgren article (excerpt from the book Aces and Kings)

its actually a book excerpt from a new release Aces and Kings. I cross posted this in the WPT forum as well.

Link

or if u want here's the article verbatium:

Article removed by Mason Malmuth: There may be possible copyright violations to put it up on our site.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Negreanu/Ivey/Lindgren article (excerpt from the book Aces and Kings)

I am not sure if this was meant to be a plug for Aces and Kings, but the book seems very interesting. I read the two part excerpt on Stuey Ungar in Cardplayer.com the last two issues and enjoyed that as well. This looks like a welcome diversion from the poker strategy books. I'm not sure I will gain any poker knowledge, although I do find it very revealing that Daniel N. talks about how poker has evolved and you must adapt to that and not play by the book.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Negreanu/Ivey/Lindgren article (excerpt from the book Aces and Kings)

As co-author of the book, I can say it's definitely not a strategy book in the purest sense of the word, though I expect most players will pick up a useful nugget or two by seeing how these guys think at the table and handle themselves away from it (for better and for worse.) But it's definitely more of a "story" book in the mold of Fast Company and the Biggest Game in Town.

Brad Reagan
Old 05-03-2005, 02:46 PM

I've only ready the first of the two Stu Ungar articles, but I was immediately impressed by the quality of writing, which far surpasses any poker book I have ever read.

Needless to say, I preordered the book from Amazon later that day, and can't wait to get it.