Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 06:37 PM

Default playing from the UK: no tax make up for missing out on the best hours?

no tax is great (not sure if all of you actually PAY it, but at least i dont have to worry about it).

however, since i mostly only get to play between 12pm-8pm EST, how much of a disadvantage does that put me at? how much better are the games at different hours?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: playing from the UK: no tax make up for missing out on the best hours?

Double player points at Party between 9AM and 7PM in the UK ... if that sort of thing gets you excited! I play .5/1 limit there at that time though cos the 1/2 seems rock hard.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: playing from the UK: no tax make up for missing out on the best hours?

hmm didnt know that, thanks. i dont play at party as such though, but thats good to know.

really im intereted to know how much petter the games are at later US times.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:24 PM

That's funny. I make sure I play at Crypto sites at GBP tables during prime UK times so I can play with those wacky Brits.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: playing from the UK: no tax make up for missing out on the best ho

Also try Prima during UK evenings, theres a large european population on there, you can almost always find a table with at least a couple of complete fish!

Crypto/Prima early evening, switch to party later on ;-)
Party can also be good Sat/Sun early evenings for us UK players, seems to be lots of bored yanks gambling their afternoons away!

Mat
Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny. I make sure I play at Crypto sites at GBP tables during prime UK times so I can play with those wacky Brits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stay up till 5AM at the weekends my win rate triples when the Yanks are out.

Mack
Old 03-18-2005, 06:51 AM

Personally, I don't seem much of a difference, other than that there are more tables to choose from in the peak US hours. Table selection is therefore slightly more difficult at the non-peak times, particularly at limits such as $10/20 full where there are relatively few tables, but that's about it.

Crap players are a worldwide phonomenon - there are plenty of UK/Euro fish playing when the US one's are tucked up in bed and vice versa!

The real downside with being on UK time is that you miss out on many of the bigger tournaments/satellites which often start around 9pm Eastern.

Sheriff
Old 03-18-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stay up till 5AM at the weekends my win rate triples when the Yanks are out.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Vienna and it's the same for me...lots of looooong and profitable friday/saturday nights. Maybe I should venture over to Crypto finally....

The worst part though is having to stay up until 6:00-7:00am when I feel like winning a 250K/350K guaranteed... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EDIT: Correction, the worst part was having to miss TOEJAM!!! Come on Granny...saturday afternoon/evening!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: playing from the UK: no tax make up for missing out on the best ho

Im a student I live in Israel (-2 UK time) up until now everyday I used to come from school around 10 pm and start playing until the small hours of the night. The action is very good (I only play Party and skins) BUT it ruins your daily work grind SO this is what I am considering doing. I can afford to go to school whenever I want so instead of staying up all nite Ill wake up 8am thats midnight EST play for two hours go to school at 10 am. Havent been able to do that but I think its a good idea for non US people no?

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2005, 08:11 AM

I plan to move to europe late this year so that I can wake up early in the morning, catch the prime US PST hours and be done by 13:00 local time.