Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Questionable raise here?

$2/$4 NL
Villian ($420)
Hero ($400) Its my first hand at the table

I post a blind in the cutoff and get Kd6d
A bunch of limpers and the flop is seen 6 way.

The pot is $24. The flop comes KsJs6h. The blinds check and UTG bets $32. Hmmm. Im not sure what that means. KQ? KT? He obviously doesnt like all the draws on the board. Its folded to me and I call. Should I have raised? I was like a deer in headlights with that bet. We're heads up now.

The pot is $88. The turn is the Qs. He bets $36. I really hate that card, but I have a feeling he hated it also after my flat call on the flop so I raised to $80. I probably shouldve raised more or got the heck out. It looked right at the time but after putting the hand in print like this, the raise doesnt look that big.

What do you think?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Questionable raise here?

I don't mind it, just fold to any more action and check down the river most likely w/ no read. It's also ok to fold the flop if you think there's a decent chance you're behind. I like to play sort of weak in unraised pots at the beginning of a session with no reads - hell, it's a small pot, just let it go if you're scared of the marginal situation as your hand is super vulnerable to many cards even if you are ahead right then.