Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Just figured this out tonight

Live I play much better against players I genuinely don't like. Had a huge night and played some of the best poker I've ever played at commerce mostly because I had utterly despised (and for good reason) the majority of players at my table.

Also, there is now a very real chance I'll be attempting to write a book about SSNL in the coming months, as underqualified as I am.

fim
Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Just figured this out tonight

Not at all underqualified, of course. I would buy it. Also, I'll be sure to bring you flowers before we play if I ever play you live. Congrats on your big take.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:27 AM

Default by the way

In real life i'm a pretty likeable guy; these jackasses proceeded to sling cards, verbal abuse and ethnic slurs at every dealer we had and encouraged a drunk fratboy to keep at it until he couldn't see his cards to get at his monsterous 70 dollar stack. Not to mention threats of physical violence directed towards anyone winning a pot who off them who did not constitute any real threat. The LA cardrooms really need to take a stand on this or at least enforce the rules they already have (feel free to pitch here rick).

if anyone has seen the south park where cartman wins a bet against kyle and then changes his money into quarters so he can bathe in them, that's about how i feel. nothing funnier than quitely asking the jerk you just busted if he'd like you to get the chiprunner so he can rebuy.

fim
Old 02-05-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: by the way

I like it online when someone is talking a lot of smack and I bust them I go "Rebuy please."
Old 02-05-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, there is now a very real chance I'll be attempting to write a book about SSNL in the coming months, as underqualified as I am.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Fimbul,

Don't take this the wrong way, it is in know way a slur on your writing - I find you one of the best posters on SSNL here but...

I am pretty sure that Ed Miller is writing a 2+2 book for SSNL. While there is room for all books it is something to bear in mind. I would imagine that there would be plenty of overlap in concepts.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 AM

Can I put in a chapter on the fine art of playing J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 02-05-2005, 11:58 AM

I think a book geared specifically towards certain games (6-max) and perhaps specific sites would be a great value for many.

Would that be released in e-book (secure PDF) form ?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:00 PM

Congrats on the big night and the poetic victories over the jackasses. That truly is a great feeling.

As for the book...I think it is a great idea. In my limited exposure to your posts and views on poker, I am always humbled by your knowledge of the game (as well as several other posters whose names I won't bring up here). You can certainly count me in for a purchase and also if you want anyone to read preview material for editing and/or opinions. Best of luck with this process.

- Trail
Old 02-05-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the big night and the poetic victories over the jackasses. That truly is a great feeling.

As for the book...I think it is a great idea. In my limited exposure to your posts and views on poker, I am always humbled by your knowledge of the game (as well as several other posters whose names I won't bring up here). You can certainly count me in for a purchase and also if you want anyone to read preview material for editing and/or opinions. Best of luck with this process.

- Trail

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto
Old 02-05-2005, 03:42 PM

yep, I'm aware of the Ed Miller book. I really dont know what kind of game it will be geared towards (but i guess Ed likes writing SS stuff, right?) but I feel there may be room for my book as well (perhaps even at 2+2...?). I guess we'll see.

fim