Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 11:32 AM

Default An interesting Kings up hand

What do you guys think about the raise on fifth? It seemed pretty standard to me since no one had shown any real aggression the whole pot. Obviously if there is any action on fourth I'm out but I'll take that free K and run with it on fifth. Thoughts, suggestions?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls (all-in)
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Old 05-11-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: An interesting Kings up hand

Looks good. Am I missing something? nh
Old 05-11-2005, 12:47 PM

Seems fine. It's almost tempting to fold 5th because there is NOTHING in the pot, but I also think your opponent will have basically nothing a lot so...
Old 05-11-2005, 01:01 PM

I guess this hand doesnt seem near as interesting from your perspective. But from an outsiders perspective I had a hard time trying to figure out what you had, and Im sure your opponents did as well. Nice hand.

Aicirt
Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 PM

did you forget he was the Bring in? Because if you remember that you should be able to put him on at least kings up when he raises with a board of 22K
Old 05-11-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you forget he was the Bring in? Because if you remember that you should be able to put him on at least kings up when he raises with a board of 22K

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I guess the other guy called you down with sixes up? This whole hand looks standard. I am waiting for mscags to reply and put a twist into it.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:06 PM

Not really anything else to it, but Aicirt said it was an interesting hand from an outsiders view so I posted it for him. I don't know what the other guy had, but I would agree with you.