Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 04:24 AM

Default KK : Turn and River decisions?

UTG is a maniac, utg+1 is LAG, ddnt have a read on MP2. What should be my plan for the turn and river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: KK : Turn and River decisions?

I check behind and call a river bet, but don't overcall. I try my best to river a K. I see absolutely no reason to bet here.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:35 AM

Ah, jeez. What is MP2 doing all this cold-calling with? Why did UTG+1 suddenly decide to check the turn (does he have or did he make a monster and does he figure someone will bet the ace, or did he suddenly get scared or figure he'd start chasing a flush more cheaply)?

LAG tables can be fun, but they are perplexing sometimes.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check behind and call a river bet, but don't overcall. I try my best to river a K. I see absolutely no reason to bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's a clear check. If MP2 bets the turn, do you call getting 16:1 when it is IMO 99% certain you are behind and have two outs (if no-one has AK)?

This is one time where I do fold in a massive pot.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:38 AM

Check behind and call the river.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 AM

I check the turn and hope MP behind you checks through. At this point after the preflop cap cc and all the calls on the flop I see he is most likely hand as AA, but no read he could also be a flaming moron. If MP bets and it's anymore than 1 back to you it's an easy fold regardless of the maniac and lag. It becomes close if he bets and there are caller(s).
Old 06-16-2005, 04:40 AM

The first time around I didn't notice Hero wasn't last to act.

I think if MP2 can bet this turn after calling 900 times on the flop, I fold. If MP2 bets and the other guy checkraises, I make a little decorative pin out of my cards.

If MP2 checks behind, then I go with my river plan from my other post.