Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Suns to win the Western conference

Hey everybody, lurking around for a while, usually in the poker stuff, but i'm coming to you because I'm really inexperienced w/sports betting strategies and philosophies.

Anyway, I bought Phoenix Suns future contracts at hte beginning of the year at a price of 3.0 (scale of 1 to 100) I bought a hundred of these.

I sold off 30 contracts so that I could freeroll into the finale and now, w/San Antonio making a huge run at things, I don't know what my contracts are really worth.

currently, the contract is trading at 30.1/33.0 but is this a fair price? For a measuring stick, San Antonio is @ 40.1/42.4

I definitely think Spurs can win this thing as well as the Suns.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Suns to win the Western conference

The Suns have a legit shot, but if I were you, I'd sell most (if not all) of those contracts now or right before the playoffs start.

As long as the Spurs can control the tempo, I don't think the Suns can compete with them. Sell your contracts and count your money.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:59 PM

I'd sell them all.
Defense is what works in the playoffs and I expect the Suns to be exposed when the games slow down.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:06 PM

Defense, short bench, and playing the same team at least four times. . . all reasons to dump and take the money (thanks for the advice)

But depending on who they pull in the first round, you think there's some value in holding them for the first round?

I'm also considering picking up a few long shots, Houston is trading at 4.4/6.0 and Denver is at 4.2/4.9. Personally, I think Denver and Houston have yet to prove the consistency to go far. But Denver is rolling into the playoffs and could even be a 6 seed. Maybe some upside value if either of them play Seattle in the first round? Is there as much value if they play Dallas?

Thanks again for the responses.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:14 PM

I would dump them now. They are legit Western Conference powerhouses, but how much higher do you think the contracts will go? With the way they've steamrolled over some teams and scored at will, I don't see it going anywhere but down. The Spurs are still the favorites to win the West, and I think the price of their contacts will only rise throughout the playoffs.

Either dump your contracts now and enjoy your winnings or take the chance of winning a little more or losing everything.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd sell them all.
Defense is what works in the playoffs and I expect the Suns to be exposed when the games slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like Dallas in previous years. Go Spurs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]