Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Default BB Paired board hand. Bet the turn?

Nothing too special about the two players calling the flop bet. One was 55/4/1.2 other 22/12/1.6. Feel like I wussed out on the turn, but may have induced the river call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

River: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: BB Paired board hand. Bet the turn?

Why didn't you bet the turn?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:00 PM

Default The truth?

Probably because I've been running bad and am seeing monsters under the bed. I did think with both villians calling there was a good chance I was behind. When I checked the hand history I was fully expecting to see a smaller boat.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: BB Paired board hand. Bet the turn?

Absolutely a must-bet.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: The truth?

[ QUOTE ]
Probably because I've been running bad and am seeing monsters under the bed. I did think with both villians calling there was a good chance I was behind. When I checked the hand history I was fully expecting to see a smaller boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you realize you should have bet the turn. You may not think so but not betting the turn there is an example of you going on tilt. It is a more subtle form of tilt, but it is tilt none the less. You are doing something other than what you know is right because of running poorly. My advice is to take some time off and then come back refreshed ready to make obvious turn bets like this one.