Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 03:05 PM

Default TT, Flops Trips Against TAG

Villian is TAGlike after 60+ hands.

What is your plan on the turn?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ......
Old 02-14-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: TT, Flops Trips Against TAG

Not the best advice you'll get, but it looks like he has KJ KQ or something like A10 diamonds. I'd probably bet/call the turn, if he just calls the turn I'd lead the river too. If I'm raised I'm probably check/calling the river (unless you fill up of course), but that might be too weak-tight. Tricky situation, interested as to what others say.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:31 PM

A small point, but it drives me crazy. You flopped a set, not trips.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not the best advice you'll get, but it looks like he has KJ KQ or something like A10 diamonds. I'd probably bet/call the turn, if he just calls the turn I'd lead the river too. If I'm raised I'm probably check/calling the river, but that might be too weak-tight. Tricky situation, interested as to what others say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it exactly that way as well. 4-straight on board, not weak-tight to check/call the river if you get raised and don't fill up!

I think the chance that he has a flush draw or two pair is no better than him having the straight here, so I bet out. Someone out there might be able to make the argument for folding the river for one bet if you get raised on the turn (you have to call the turn, because you might fill up), but I'm just not that talented.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:39 PM

agreed, i hate that, they are two hugely different things