Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Limp Reraise by UBER passive

MP2 is super maniac
MP3 33/2/1.62 super fishy

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

What the heck do I do here can I fold this?

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

Goot?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Limp Reraise by UBER passive

Did you consider just calling the flop? Limp reraise often means AA, but it could also mean JT or 72. You have two backdoor draws and two overcards that may or may not be clean. I'd estimate you have 4.5 outs which is enough to call the flop bet. I'm sceptical that you have the best hand, and raising just opens you to a 3-bet. You also don't know if you want a free card on the turn: if neither of your backdoors hit you may end up folding it UI.

Folding once you did raise and get 3-bet is pretty bad. Now the pot is very large and you are getting much better odds to draw. At this point I'd be more convinced that I was behind and maybe that my overcards weren't as clean as I would like, but getting 17:1 I can't really fold.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:11 AM

i don't think there is any way he'll have 72 here look at his preflop numbers here...
Old 05-07-2005, 03:12 AM

I definitely just call that flop. You've got two nice backdoor draws.

After you raise and he 3-bets, you should peel a card.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:16 AM

I'll just call this and fold the turn unimproved unless I pick up on of the said backdoor draws.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-07-2005, 03:18 AM

I don't get this desire to raise the flop with over-cards, especially in this spot.

Passive woke up and manaics generally hate to fold anything with a prayor (I guess it's to avoid someone pushing them around...)